Hercules is the notorious Greek hero known for his strength and adventures featuring the defat of supernatural creatures beyond any human capacity. The name Hercules is the Roman interpretation for the original Greek divine hero Heracles. Mythologically he is told to be the son of the God Zeus and the mortal woman Alceme. This allows him to live among the humans of the Earth, instead of with the God’s on Mount Olympus. Hercules most common feats of strength are drawn from interpretations of his historic Twelve Labors. These include:
1. Slay the Nemean Lion.
2. Slay the nine-headed Lernaean Hydra.
3. Capture the Golden Hind of Artemis.
4. Capture the Erymanthian Boar.
5. Clean the Augean stables in a single day.
6. Slay the Stymphalian Birds.
7. Capture the Cretan Bull.
8. Steal the Mares of Diomedes.
9. Obtain the girdle of Hippolyta, Queen of the Amazons.
10. Obtain the cattle of the monster Geryon.
11. Steal the apples of the Hesperides.
12. Capture and bring back Cerberus.
For the purpose of this guide we will focus on the more western interpretation of the Hercules character. Primary costume items include his Greco-Roman attire and choice of weapon options.
Hercules Costume: The Basics
Like this article?
Let us know in the comment section below if you liked this article and want to see more Hercules characters, or variations of the Cosplay Guides we have created!